Friday 1 July 2011

DEFINITION OF A BEST FRIEND


This blog is just for Bridget

Friends- How do you define a true friend? How do you know if they will always be by your side? How do you know they won’t stab you in the back?

I guess in our mind we have certain qualities we look for in a friend. Happiness, laughter, compassion, honesty, and always there no matter what. It’s a special bond their like family. A friend gives hope when life is low, a friend is a place when you have nowhere else to go, a friend is honest, a friend is true, and that my friends is all of you.

A best friend is one that can look at you and notice that underneath the smile they know something’s wrong. They don’t give up to cheer you  up and do anything to make that smile not just a cover up, for the feelings bottled up inside. A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself they see what you don’t notice, they give you the courage to achieve, believe and succeed.
You can eat and drink together, talk and laugh together, enjoy life together, but you are only true friends when you also cried together.  A true friend laughs at your stories even when they’re not funny, sympathizes with your troubles even when they’re not so bad and thinks just like you.

When it hurts to look back, and you’re scared to look ahead look beside you, and your best friend will be there cause that what friends are for, to never leave your side. It’s not so much about having heaps and heaps of friends they say “Never take a person for granted. Hold every person close to your heart, because you might wake up one day and realise that you’ve lost a diamond while you were too busy collecting stones. It’s better to have a few really close friends that mean the world to you than a group that you’re not that close with. Your closest friends know you for who you are not because you constantly tell them but because they pay attention to you because they really do care. 

Around your friends you’re comfortable to be yourself you say stupid pointless stories, run into poles, spill milk on each other, go away to concerts together, go shopping together, have mathletes meetings. Friends tell each other absolutely everything because sometimes it’s hard to tell family or someone else so we tell our friends because we know they will understand and support us.

Around your friends you don’t have to worry what you look like or what you say or feel because there your friends for a reason that reason being they love you for who you are.They don’t judge you on the way you look, they don’t talk about you behind your back they simply just love how you are and the personality you possess.

You trust your friends you know they won’t tell others your secrets and keep their promises, they’re there when times are tough, the help you when you don’t know what to do, they give the best advice and understand you.

My friends are like older sisters to me and they mean the world, all the tears of happiness, sadness and laughter we’ve shared that’s what makes us the best of friends only making our friendship stronger. Each time something happens good or bad we learn more about each other.
But what happens after school when we all have different plans and all go in different directions to we keep in touch or do  we move on and make new friends always remembering the memories shared. I don’t want to lose my best friends after school, we’ve been through so much to just move on. I want to keep contact wether via facebook, text, calling, blogs or even making the effort to drive or travel to wherever they are just to see them in person and share those  special moments you cant create over the net or phone. I want to go on holidays every year with them. I want them to know that even though we don’t see each other everyday like we use to they still had a huge impact on my life and still mean the world to me because i wouldn’t be were i am if it wasn’t for them.

I want them to know that they can call me at 4am in the morning if the ever need s someone to talk to, that they can stay at my place if they have nowhere to go, and that in an emergency I would rush to be by their side, and that if something did happen I would be there at the drop of a hat even if I had other commitments, I’d be at your bedside if you were sick because friendship comes first and if you ever needed them they would return the favour of being there for you. I want our kids to be friends I want to meet your boyfriends so I know he’s the perfect guy for you and isn’t going to hurt you, I want to share all our special life moments together. I want infinite memories of our friendship.

Because True friends are hard to find, harder to leave and, impossible to forget. At first we weren’t friends it took time for us to see that we could be the best of friends, it’s going to be hard to part but we will never forget each other.
I still dont know the exact definition of a best friend but to me my friends are the definition, they are my everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment